With the rising mercury, companies are looking for fixed awnings to decorate their terrace. For a restaurateur, patio season is one of the ways to stand out from the competition. It is therefore important to be well prepared in order to receive customers on a well-designed terrace. A quality terrace will attract the attention of potential customers in addition to offering a memorable experience to your bosses.
For restaurants and store owners, the patio season is the best time to invest in the outdoor space and exterior design of your business. Fortunately for merchants, there are many ways to catch the eye of potential customers. Fixed terrace awnings are an effective, aesthetic, and practical solution.
To help you choose the ideal fixed awning for your business, discover the 3 tips to know to make the right investment. If you need additional help, don’t hesitate to ask our experts in exterior design for advice. We are proud to help businesses invest in the right products to increase their visibility.
Check the regulations with your city
Regulations regarding fixed awnings vary from city to city. You should, therefore, check with your city before thinking about investing in window and door awnings for your restaurant or business.
Here’s how to check the regulations:
- Start by going to your city’s website, then check to see if you can apply online. If you can, gather the necessary documentation and begin the process. If you need additional help, don’t hesitate to consult our experts.
- If you cannot apply online, you will need to visit or call. Ask how long it takes to get a permit and how much the permit costs. Also, don’t forget to find out about the awning colour instructions. Some municipalities require specific colours or sizes of the lettering.
Customizing the canvas of your fixed patio awning
Another key element to consider when purchasing your fixed awning is its customization. Although you can purchase an awning from Canadian Tire at a lower cost, it will not be customized. You will have access to a limited choice of colours and styles, and you won’t be able to take advantage of lettering, which hinders your brand recognition.
You can choose different attributes if you prefer an aluminum or stainless steel frame, side curtains, acrylic, or vinyl canvases.
A custom-designed awning is therefore an undeniable advantage for any merchant who wishes to add to his brand image.
Awnings are practical for the comfort of guests on your terrace, but also for passers-by to remember the name of your establishment. By adding personalized lettering or your company logo on your awning, you maximize the chances that a customer will refer your company.
- The average human attention span is as low as 8 seconds. This means that your company has less than 8 seconds to leave its mark in the mind of a potential customer. A busy logo makes people look away, that’s why we strongly advise you to opt for a simple and easy to recognize the logo.
- Ideally, your logo is also designed in vector format so that you can use it everywhere. If you need help, our specialists are happy to assist you.
Colour and style
Investing in your awning is also investing in your marketing. It is therefore important to choose an awning that is in harmony with your brand image.
- We recommend that you personalize your awning according to your company’s colours. To be an eye-catcher, your awnings must complement and harmonize the exterior design of your building. If you do not have a specific colour for your business, we invite you to go ahead and choose a complementary colour.
- Polo awnings offer more than 500 different colors and patterns. You can therefore easily obtain a unique retractable fixed motorized awning customized to your business.
- In addition to colours and style, make sure your awning is treated against UV rays, or solar shade otherwise colours may fade over time.
- Depending on the style you choose, you may have the option of adding festoons. We also offer festoons in over a hundred different options.
The after-sales service
Finally, another important point to consider when buying an awning is the after-sales service. What happens to your awning when the patio season ends?
In the winter, it is important to remove the awning and store it. If you don’t have the space to store it yourself, you will have to deal with a storage service. Polo Awnings offers you a space in our heated, secure factory.
The canvas is also at risk of being damaged after several summers. Therefore, you will have to think about finding a cleaning and repair service for your awning. If your canvas has lost its shine, the experts at Polo Awnings are happy to help you.
We offer several products adapted to awning frame fabrics. And if you don’t have time to take care of it, we can also provide on-site cleaning. Contact us so that our experts can come and brush your awning canvas with the best products in the industry.
Why trust Polo Awnings?
Our company has more than 45 years of experience in the design, manufacturing, and maintenance of custom retractable awnings. Since 1974, we have helped many businesses in their growth.
We also ensure the delivery of our awnings within 4 weeks. Don’t hesitate to request a free and quick quote! One of our experts will come to your home to take the measurements and give you a quote. As soon as the quote is accepted, the production of your awning begins.
If you have any questions or comments about our service, contact us. An experienced member of our team will gladly take your call.